Friday, October 1, 2010

Baby bump

It's hard to believe our due date is less than a month away. We had our last ultrasound this week and our little baby is healthy, just waiting for the right time I guess.

I'll be 37 weeks on Monday and have absolutely loved being pregnant; our bags are packed and the baby's room is pretty much ready. Arves and I cannot wait for our baby bean to get here!

Things I'm going to miss:
- Feeling bean move; the kicks, hiccups, rolls... I love it and it makes me smile!
- Being with our baby 24/7 and knowing he/she is okay
- My belly
- Sleeping in because "I'm pregnant" and not feeling too guilty about it
- Being just the two of us

Things I'm looking forward to:
- Meeting our little baby and finding out the sex
- Starting our new life as a family
- Being able to run again (I was only able to make it to 30 weeks)
- Seeing the scale go down (hopefully) instead of up every time I step on it
- Being able to roll in bed without having to wake up
- Fitting back in my regular clothes

Arves took this amazing picture and I've entered us to win on a baby bump contest from What to Expect. You can vote for us at this link

7 comments:

Casey Hyer Photography said...

that is an amazing picture! Very cute guys.

Yoly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yoly said...

Que bella foto, y ni que decir de las palabras. El amor de madre. Que feliz estoy por ti Tica. You are going to be a mamy!!!! =)

Tica said...

Thank you Casey, it makes me proud you like it considering all the amazing pictures you take :)

Yoly - gracias por los deseos, estamos super feliz esperando que llegue el dia!

Jake said...

Awesome. Now the adventure begins. Oh I've got one thing to add to your list of things you're going to miss ... you're sanity. Actually you get to keep it right up until the day they start talking back to you. I am no longer a sane person. My life consists of depending on the sanity of others (mostly empty nesters) while simultaneously taking advantage of otther insane people. Welcome ... indeed ... welcome.

peggy hyer said...

I love it. You are so cute. I can't wait for this baby to come.

Tica said...

Ha! that's pretty funny Jake. We spend the first couple of years hoping the baby tell us what s/he needs and apparently once they start is not so good :)
Thanks Peggy, we can't wait for the baby to be here either!