Sunday, February 26, 2012

Botanical Gardens

We are slowly starting to explore our surroundings more and more and have "discovered" yet another amazing place that is only about 3 km (2 miles) from our apartment: The Penang Botanical Gardens. I think it will become a weekend favorite.

Since it is so close we took our time getting ready in the morning and arrived at the gardens around 10:30 - just when the day starts to get hot. The trails in the garden wind around for about 1.6 miles an are quite hilly, soI bravely volunteered to carry the camera, which left Tica to push the stroller up and down the hills. They say exercise is good for pregnant women, so I hope she appreciated my sacrifice.
The gardens are home to a wide range of wildlife, but our favorite were the two types of monkeys we saw there. These black monkeys were cute.
But this other one really had a peel - last pun for this post I promise.
Towards the end of our walking we found this beautiful "formal" garden where Emily could get close enough to the flowers to do one of her current, favorite activities - destroy flowers. Note the pedals on the ground to her left and right - she's only been there for a few seconds.

After the flowers we made our way down to the end of the formal garden where there was a pool with some fountains. Here is me doing my job as a photographer (capturing the moment) while Tica does hers as a mother (preventing disaster).
We let Emily play in the fountain for a little while before deciding it was way too hot to be running around out in the sun, so we packed up and headed home.


Not long after we got back to the house I received this irresistible request to take someone to the pool.
Emily's current favorite place is the pool and common area in our building, which is great because it gives me an excuse to go to the pool frequently. We normally only spend a few moments in the water to cool off, before heading over to the shady side of the building to run in the grass and play on the slides.
These little hills are her current passion and she loves to run to the top of them and back down over and over and over and . . . you get the point. It's funny how much of an obstacle those hills are for her right now.
I didn't take long for her to deliver a strongly worded request: Daddy! Put the camera down and come play with me!!!


5 comments:

LuliTav said...

I wanna go visit you very soon.. Your day sounds very fun!!! Btw I love your pictures as always!! Thank you for keeping me updated! Love you all !!

Mechi said...

Yo también tengo muchos deseos de visitarlos. las fotos están preciosas. Emily esta cada día mas linda!!!
Los quiero mucho.

Mechi said...

Dice Rafelo que las fotos son preciosas, el paisaje impresionante y Emily como siempre lo llena de vida y movimiento.

Tica said...

Gracias!!! Nosotros tambien estamos locos por que vengan a disfrutar de Penang y de Emily :) a ver si este bebe llega pronto para que tambien lo disfruten.
Besos

peggy hyer said...

What fun pictures. I think you guys are having way to much fun. I'm glad you are adjusting to the heat, pool side. Emily looks so big, I can't even think of her running. Love you guys.